ENC 1101: Essay 3, Research-based Paper (Final Essay)
This paper will be done in two stages: First Page Review and Final Version
First Page Review: 11/18, 5 PM
First Draft Requirements: MLA format, title, intro and first body par, one internal citation, source cited on a works cited page. This draft is not factored into the final grade. It is a progress check to see how your essay is being written and whether it is on the right track for a passing grade.
• Instructions: Choose a topic below and compose the title, the introduction that ends with the thesis statement, the first body paragraph with a source inside, and the works cited page citing that source. Again, the first body should include one source documented in MLA format both in the text (meaning the middle of the body paragraph) and on the Works Cited page. • Only one source is required for the first draft (a total of two for the entire paper).
Topics: You must use sources from the BC Library
You must write on one of the following topics. Any paper written on a topic that has not been approved will be considered invalid and will earn a zero.
• 1) Explain two negative (or positive) effects of legalizing marijuana.
• 2) Explain two damages of stress.
• 3) Explain two damages of anger or a bad temper.
• 4) Explain two effects of divorce.
• 5) Explain two effects of alcohol addiction.
• 6) Explain two benefits of a college education.
• 7) Explain two effects of dropping out of high school.
• 8) Explain two effects of child abuse.
SPECIAL NOTE ON PLAGIARSIM: PLAGIARISM IS TAKEN SERIOUSLY IN THIS CLASS. IF YOUR PAPER IS FLAGGED FOR PLAGIARISM (EVEN A FEW SENTENCES THAT WERE COPIED AND PASTED) BY TURNINIT, THE PLAGIARISM DETECTOR ON D2L, YOU WILL RECEIVE THE CONSEQUENCES STIPULATED ON THE SYLLABUS, WHICH MAY INCLUDE A REPORT OF CHEATING TO THE DEAN OF STUDENT SERVICES. PLEASE SEE SYLLABUS FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE PLAGIARISM POLICY.
Final Version Due: 11/25, 11:59 PM
Try to use one of the introductions discussed in class: a quotation, an anecdote, an overview, or background information.