It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
English for Academic Purposes (EAP) at Broward College
These OWL resources will help ESL students in second language writing. This section includes resources on writing across the curriculum, writing in the disciplines, and it contains links to OWL workshops and exercises useful for ESL students.
Activities to help students develop sentence construction and grammar skills. Quill offers prompts and exercises and delivers instant feedback to help students write, revise, and revise again until they are able to produce succinct, powerful sentences.
This digital book is meant to serve an instructional tool for both learners and teachers in the field of pronunciation. Topics covered include vowel and consonant sounds, word stress, thought groups, prominence, and intonation.
This textbook was created for an advanced academic grammar course for ESL students. By the end of the course, students will recognize and demonstrate the appropriate use of advanced grammar structures.
A list of several ESL books and resources including:
- Grammar Slides for English Learners
- College ESL Writers- Applied Grammar and Composing Strategies
- Explorations 1: Grammar for the Experienced Beginner
- Studying and Living in the US, Low-Intermediate Novel and Textbook for University ESL Students
- Communication Beginnings- An Introductory Listening and Speaking Text for English Language Learners