Research Project (40 Points)
Research Article: 10
Term Paper: 20
Research Article (10 Points): You will be required to login to the BC library website (http://ucl.broward.edu/) and locate research articles related to your term paper topic.
- Research articles are: Peer Reviewed, Empirically Based, and Scholarly Journal Articles that were published in the last 5 years (2010-2016).
- Articles that do not meet these criteria will not be accepted for credit.
- A tutorial for locating these documents will be given during the March 4 library orientation.
- This assignment must be Submitted with your research topic on D2L by Week9/Mar18.
Term Paper: Literature Review (20 Points):
A literature review is a text of a scholarly paper, which includes the current knowledge including substantive findings, as well as theoretical and methodological contributions to a particular topic. Literature reviews use secondary sources, and do not report new or original experimental work.
It is an evaluative report of information found in the literature related to your selected area of study. The review should describe, summarize, evaluate and clarify this literature. It should give a theoretical base for the research and help you (the author) determine the nature of your research.
- The research paper needs to be Submitted on D2L by April 8.
- The paper will be written in APA format. If you are not familiar with APA formatting, consult the various academic and online resources available to you!
- Your paper should be 3-4 Pages in length, NOT including cover-page or references
- Double-spaced, No more, No less!
- 12-point Times New Roman font, NOT Arial, NOT Calibri!
- 1-inch margins all the way around.
- This paper does not include an Abstract.
- APA formatting includes:
- A standardized cover page
- Running Head and Page numbers (upper right corner)
- A Reference page.
- You must include 4 Academic resources from scholarly, peer-reviewed, journal articles.
- Web pages/sites can be used as sources; however, all sources must be cited appropriately in your works cited. These do NOT count as your 4 sources.
- Wikipedia and WebMD will NOT be accepted as a source, do not use it!
Research Presentation (10): You will give a 5-minute presentation using a provided PowerPoint template to present your research. Submit to D2L by April 29.
- · The Presentation Template can be found on the Course homepage on D2L
- · There are 5 slides in the template. Do not add slides.
- · Fill in the requested content or blank spaces in the templates and upload the completed PowerPoint to the D2L dropbox.
- · You will present your completed presentation at the end of the semester on your assigned day.