To ensure the availability of materials to its patrons, the University/College Library agrees to loan its materials to other libraries with the exception of items identified below. Requests for exceptions to these guidelines will be referred to the Associate Dean of Public Services.
- Most materials in the general circulating collection are loaned. However, consideration is given to U/CL patrons' curriculum needs first.
- Ready Reference, the open Reference Collection, Course Reserve material, leisure reading and DVD titles, videos, and kits are not loaned.
- New books received after one year of the acquisition date are eligible for loan.
- Materials in the Broward College Archives and Special Collections are not loaned; only photocopies of are provided.
- Materials are not loaned to private companies.
- Classic or popular titles that should be available locally are not loaned (i.e., Huckleberry Finn).
- Entire periodicals are not loaned, only photocopies of the requested article.
- U/CL materials in electronic databases are not loaned or copied due to licensing agreements.